In today’s HK Cannabis Law Newsletter, we present articles regarding the SAFE Plus legislation package currently being considered by the U.S. Senate, two states’ legalization of recreational cannabis, a new lawsuit in California against a cannabis company, a developing story regarding a bribery scandal in Southern California, and more!
· Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer believes that the Senate is close to passing the SAFE Plus legislation package, which would contain protections for banks working with state-legal cannabis businesses.
· Voters in Maryland and Missouri approved measures legalizing recreational cannabis, becoming the 20th and 21st states to do so, while similar measures were rejected in Arkansas, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
· A recent California consumer protection lawsuit alleges that a California company overstated the THC content of their products.
· Some California companies are trying a novel approach, marketing "dad weed" containing lower levels of THC than the average products on the market.
· New details are emerging regarding a bribery scandal relating to cannabis licenses in Southern California, prompting calls for action by one California lawmaker.