In today’s HK Cannabis Law Newsletter, we present articles regarding a recent 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decision limiting RICO Act claims, a controversial development project in the Mojave Desert, cannabis industry unionization, the effect of recent severe weather in California on cannabis producers, and more!
· The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has held that cannabis growers are precluded from suing for fraud under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (“RICO”) Act.
· The proposed conversion of an abandoned outlet mall in Barstow, CA to a “cannabis super center” has drawn controversy in the small desert town.
· A cannabis nursery has adopted blockchain and smart contracts to verify the authenticity of its plants.
· Cannabis delivery workers at Grassdoor are joining Teamsters Local 630.
· Historic storms in California have had a significant impact on the state’s cannabis operators.