In today’s HK Cannabis Law Newsletter, we present articles regarding the gun rights of cannabis users, the FDA’s restraint, California lawmakers’ call for investigations into the cannabis industry, and more!
· A federal judge in Oklahoma concluded that a federal law prohibiting cannabis users from possessing firearms infringes the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment.
· Despite recent setbacks, Democrats in the U.S. Senate remain optimistic about the SAFE Banking Plus bill, which would implement reform to banking rules and regulations relating to cannabis.
· What states are considering legalizing cannabis in 2023?
· The FDA recently announced that it would not create a regulatory framework for commercial production and sale of hemp-derived CBD products, as the responsibility for doing so lies with Congress.
· Following multiple reports of political corruption, a thriving illicit market for cannabis, and widespread exploitation of workers, California legislators are calling for investigations and hearings.